Travel Bubble Between Australia and New Zealand ‘Safe to Commence’

Quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand (NZ) will begin on April 19, but travellers will need to be prepared for disruptions in a CCP virus outbreak. NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced the details of a trans-Tasman travel bubble with Australia on April 6, saying the country’s director-general of health considered the risk of travel to Australia low and therefore quarantine free travel was “safe to commence.” This means that Australians will be able to travel to NZ without needing to quarantine. NZ cabinet accepted the director-general’s advice and expressed confidence in Australia’s and its own ability to manage the arrangement, Ardern said. “Cabinet was presented with advice today that conditions for opening up quarantine-free travel with Australia had been met,” New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told reporters. However, Ardern made the point that travel to and from the two countries won’t be the same as it was …
Read More
RSS Feed | The Epoch Times